Tips for a Daily Mindset - guest post by Kiah Bachman (part 2)
Kiah shares tips for your journey to a new mindset of worthiness.
Your Daily Mindset: Learning How to Live a Life that is Worthy and Deserving
In reading my last post, you know now that there wasn't a magic pill or potion that changed my circumstance. It was a new mindset that altered the course of my life. I'm happy that I took control of my health and managed to maintain my weight-loss despite PCOS symptoms. Moreover, what I have gained is a lifelong tool that will help me navigate and grow through life.
Here are a few tips to help you create a life that is worthy and deserving:
1. Watch your words - Start consciously evaluating the words you use when speaking to yourself and to others. When you catch yourself speaking negatively write down the word and then examine how that makes you feel. You will begin to connect these words to past stories, which is where we do some deep soul searching.
2. Affirm yourself with positive statements as if they are true - You will be surprised how quickly your energy will rise and over time your beliefs will start to shift. For example, if you want to become a hairdresser begin affirming, "I am an amazing hairdresser ". Visualize this image in your head and visualize it often.
3. Take Action Now - Stop waiting for the perfect introduction to begin living your dream. There will never be a more perfect time than right now. I could have started my self-discovery or losing weight when I was only 15 pounds overweight. Instead, I waited for my body to literally give up on me to begin taking my life seriously. Procrastination is a liar and a thief of time. Back to our hairdresser example, once you Affirm then take Actionable steps to begin your journey. Cosmetology school here I come!
4. Know your Worth - Self-Acceptance is the gateway to Self-Worth. I was accepted by my peers, family, and environment, but I wasn't ready to accept myself. No one else can do this for you so stop looking over your shoulders for validation, approval, and their acceptance. Learn your best qualities and fall madly in love with them. Identify the areas in your life that you want to improve. Learn everything you can about who, what, or where you want to be in life. Pro-tip: I spend thirty minutes a day learning something new that aligns with my craft and life goals.
5. Be Kind - A simple phrase that packs a powerful punch. Being kind doesn't cost you a thing, and it leaves those you've encountered positively impacted. For years I allowed my lack of self-love to affect my attitude. I became easily angered, offended, and defensive. A part of Self-Acceptance is understanding the only control you have is control over your reactions, and I decided that my reactions would stem from love and kindness.
Learning to positively influence my mind, embrace my spirit and my body has been the greatest gift I have given myself. Start incorporating these principles in your daily life, and with practice you will be well on your way to a life that is, without a doubt, worthy beyond measure.